Application Form (.pdf file) For Any Ledgemere Transportation, Inc. Terminal
Looking to hire: Aides/Monitors for our school buses.
Duties: As a school bus monitor, you manage students on a school bus and help ensure good behavior while they are traveling. In this role, you may help resolve incidents, assist students who need help getting to their seats, and otherwise supervise everyone to help guarantee their safety.
We are also seeking School Bus and Van Drivers to transport children to and from school each day on established routes. Additional extracurricular runs (sports and field trips) and charter work may also be available. Typical runs are morning and afternoon and average 20-30 hours per week. Competitive hourly wages and monthly bonus incentive offered!
This is a great job for stay at home parents, retirees and anybody looking for extra income! Experienced bus drivers that have a CDL with P and S endorsements are preferred. We will also provide free training for good drivers without school bus experience.
- Conduct Pre-Trip vehicle inspections to ensure safe Operation
- Drive a school bus route - picking up and dropping off student passengers at established stops on route
- Conduct post-trip vehicle inspections
- Attend and participate in safety meetings
- Clean bus as necessary to maintain professional appearance and positive company image
- As requested or desired take field trips, activities and charter runs to transport student and other passengers to and from their destinations
Essential Job Requirements:
(Student Transportation of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.)
- State-Required Commercial Drivers License with Passenger and School Bus Endorsements.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the operation of assigned vehicles.
- Candidates must be at least 21 years old with 3 years personal driving experience and a clean driving record.
- Be able to pass a DOT physical, pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
School Closing Notices!
Lewiston Public Schools Facebook Page
NewsCenterMaine 6 - Closings & Delays
- 2 hour EARLY RELEASE DATES 2022-2023:
Oct. 19, Nov. 16, Dec. 14, Jan. 25, Feb. 15,
Mar. 22, Apr. 26, May 17
>> Be aware that two schools will be closed on early-release days. View Schedule
- The safety of our precious cargo is TOP PRIORITY!
- PLEASE, ONLY 5 MPH in our yard!
- F.C.C. Radio Rules: 2-way Radio is for Business Traffic Only! PLEASE, REFRAIN FROM PERSONAL MESSAGES!
- Remember to check your mailbox before and after every shift!
- Check your FIRE EXTINGUISHERS every month!